- Student Support Services includes
- Programme Counseling
- Admission Preparation
- Student Pass Application Process
- Medical Check-up
- Student Orientation
- Student Administration
- Pastoral Counseling
- Field Trips
- Students’ Activities
- Update of Student Grading
- Academic & Industrial Attachment Consultation
- Career Services Seminar
If you have any enquiries, please call +65 6336 3462 / 6276 6337 / 6276 6608 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At BITC, industrial attachment is a vital component of students’ learning in our Diploma in Hospitality Management (Patisserie & Baking) course. Students must successfully complete a compulsory 6-month industrial attachment during which they will apply their skills and knowledge in an actual work setting. Our students get real-world experiences that progressively prepare them to be ready to work competently in the hospitality industry especially where baking and patisserie is involved.
For information on upcoming events, student engagement activities or industrial attachment matters, please contact Student Affairs at email@example.com.
Students are allowed only one deferment with a maximum period of one (1) year, beyond which the student will be deemed to have withdrawn from the course and would have to re-apply if he wishes to register for the course again. Deferment for certificate courses is strictly up to a maximum period of six (6) months.
All requests for deferment of course must be made in writing to BITC. Requests through any other means including email and telephone will not be entertained. All supporting documents and written justification must be submitted together with the completed Deferment Request Form.
Approval for deferment is at the sole discretion of BITC. If the request is approved, BITC Administrative Staff will issue the student a “Letter of Deferment” within (3) working days from the date of approval. Refund of course fee is not applicable for any deferment and outstanding amount, if any must be paid by students.
- Student completes Deferment Form, obtainable from Administration Department and submits completed deferment form with a written justification and supporting documents to Administrative Staff.
- Administrative Staff will counsel student, verify the information provided and request additional information, if necessary.
- Administrative Staff will evaluate the application before recommending to the Principal to approve or not to approve the application within two (2) weeks from the date of application.
- Principal to decide to approve or not to approve the application after considering the Administrative Staff’s recommendation and inform Administrative Staff accordingly within one (1) week of receiving Administrative Staff’s recommendation.
- Administrative Staff will inform the student on the student’s Deferment Request with a “Letter of Deferment” or “Letter of Rejection” within three (3) working days from the date the outcome is available.
- BITC will provide update the CPE, FPS provider, ICA and other regulatory bodies, if necessary within 3 working days on change of student’s course status.
- BITC will update the student’s records.
We give top priority to student’s well-being and satisfaction and welcome your feedback. Please contact us immediately if you have any feedback, complaints or suggestions. We will investigate and resolve complaints either immediately or within twenty-one (21) working days, depending on the complexity of each case. If the college is unable to resolve the complaint amicably, students and BITC can refer the matter to Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) or Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) through CPE Student Services Centre for mediation. All evaluations and feedback will be treated in strictest confidence.
Student’s Complaint Handling Flowchart
Head (Student Affairs) is responsible for pastoral counselling for students, and provides:
- Personal and emotional support to students on academic matters.
- Help for students to cope with stress relating to the environment in Singapore, including local culture, law and regulations.
For pastoral counseling, please contact Student Affairs at Tel: (65) 6336 3462 / 6276 6337 / 6276 6608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.