Certificate of Proficiency in Pastry Making (English/Chinese) is one of three certificates of proficiency courses available either in English or in Chinese. Together the three certificates of proficiency are offered as Certificate of Proficiency in Baking. The other two courses are:
- Certificate of Proficiency in Bread Making (English/Chinese).
- Certificate of Proficiency in Cake Making (English/Chinese).
The aim of this course is to for students to hone their skills for making commercial pastries. Students who have successfully completed this course shall be able to:
- Make commercial pastries with appropriate processing methods.
- Improve commercial pastries by making changes to types and proportion of ingredients.
- Make new commercial pastries to cater to consumer needs.