Make Basic Breads
Participants who are competent will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) for the WSQ competency unit “Make Basic Breads”
4 days (35 hours) duration
|2021 May 31, Jun 1, 7, 8||Monday / Tuesday (9am – 6:30pm)||Assessment Date : Jun 8|
Location: Tai Seng Center
3 Irving Rd #02-01/02, Singapore 369522
|*Dates are subject to change|
This course is developed based on WSQ National Competency Standard for the Food and Beverage Operations Industry.
On completion of this competency unit, the Learner will have the knowledge, skills and attributes (values) acquired and be able to apply them at various workplaces.
- Sandwich Loaf
- Dinner Roll (Soft / Hard)
- Cob Bread
- Function of Wheat Flour & Process of Flour Milling
- Introduction to Baker’s calculation and Local factor formulation
- Introduction to the tools & equipment used
- Introductions to French Bread & Dinner Rolls
- Prepare Sandwich & Open Top Bread, Rolls (soft/hard), Baguette and cob
- Bakers ingredients calculation
- Function of ingredients
- Introduction to processes
- Prepare for bread making
- Prepare dough
- Shape dough for desired products
- Proof and bake bread
|Full Fee before funding||$727.60|
|Net fee after funding:|
80% Funding, capped at $17 per hour
90% Funding, capped at $25 per hour
(i) Course Fee Support
- The self-sponsored applicant/ sponsoring company will pay to BITC the Nett Course Fee after the course fee funding.
(ii) SkillsFuture Credit – for self-sponsored applicants only
- SkillsFuture Credit may be used to pay for the Nett Course Fee so that no out-of-pocket payment is required.
- All Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above will be able to access their SkillsFuture Credit account and submit a claim of up to $500 via www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
- All SkillsFuture Credit claims have to be submitted before or latest on course commencement date.
- Eligibility: Minimum 16 years old (Course Fee Support is only applicable to trainees aged 21 years and above)
- Primary PSLE
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and demonstrate competency at Level 4 (Lower Secondary) for Employability Skills (ES) WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy
A WSQ Statement of Attainment will only be issued upon successful completion of the module by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Achieve 75% attendance
- Pass the assessment
Applicants should submit the following documents at least 2 weeks before class commencement date:
- Completed Registration Form
- A copy of NRIC (Front and Back)
- WTS Letter (if applicable)
All documents are to be sent to:
BITC Administration Office
Baking Industry Training College
3 Irving Road ,
Tai Seng Centre, #02-01/02 Singapore 369522.
or Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information provided by students will be treated in the strictest confidence.
For more information, please contact BITC at Tel: 6908 0955.