Prepare Advanced Dim Sum Dishes
Participants who are competent will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by SkillsFuture Singapore for the WSQ competency unit “Prepare Advanced Dim Sum Dishes”.
3 days (24 hours) duration
|Oct 17, 24, 31||Thursday||Assessment Date (3hrs): Oct 31|
|Nov 7, 14, 21||Thursday||Assessment Date (3hrs): Nov 21|
|Nov 26, Dec 4, 11||Tuesday||Assessment Date (3hrs): Dec 10|
Location: Tai Seng Center
3 Irving Rd #02-01/02, Singapore 369522
|*Dates are subject to change|
This course is developed based on WSQ National Competency Standard for the Food and Beverage Operations Industry.
On completion of this competency unit, the Learner will have the knowledge, skills and attributes (values) acquired and be able to apply them at various workplaces.
- Longevity pau
- Lotus paste pau
- Hong Kong style char siew pau
- Hong Kong style chicken pau
- Flower rolls and Fried buns
- Crystal / Chinese parsley dumpling
- Assemble tools and equipment for preparing advanced dim sum dishes
- Measure, prepare and check the quality of ingredients for preparing advanced dim sum dishes
- Prepare components and stuffing for advanced dim sum dishes
- Prepare dough in an advanced dim sum dish
- Stuff and season dim sum dishes
- Methods to cook advanced dim sum dishes
- Importance of controlling cooking time and temperature at various stages of cooking
- Importance of maintaining consistency at all points of preparing advanced dim sum dishes
- Importance of dipping sauces in advanced dim sum dishes
- Indicators of doneness
- Apportion, plate and present finished products or store appropriately to prolong shelf life
- Quality characteristics of advanced dim sum dishes
- Common faults in preparing advanced dim sum dishes and how to prevent them
|Full Fee before funding||$642.00|
|Net fee after funding:|
80% Funding, capped at $17 per hour
90% Funding, capped at $25 per hour
(i) Course Fee Support
- The self-sponsored applicant/ sponsoring company will pay to BITC the Nett Course Fee after the course fee funding.
(ii) SkillsFuture Credit – for self-sponsored applicants only
- SkillsFuture Credit may be used to pay for the Nett Course Fee so that no out-of-pocket payment is required.
- All Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above will be able to access their SkillsFuture Credit account and submit a claim of up to $500 via www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
- All SkillsFuture Credit claims have to be submitted before or latest on course commencement date.
- Eligibility: Minimum 16 years old (Course Fee Support is only applicable to trainees aged 21 years and above)
- Primary PSLE
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and demonstrate competency at Level 4 (Lower Secondary) for Employability Skills (ES) WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy
A WSQ Statement of Attainment will only be issued upon successful completion of the module by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Achieve 75% attendance
- pass the assessment
Applicants should submit the following documents at least 2 weeks before class commencement date:
- Completed Registration Form
- A copy of NRIC (Front and Back)
- WTS Letter (if applicable)
All documents are to be sent to:
BITC Administration Office
Baking Industry Training College
3 Irving Road ,
Tai Seng Centre, #02-01/02 Singapore 369522.
or Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information provided by students will be treated in the strictest confidence.
For more information, please contact BITC at Tel: 6908 0955.