International Students – refer to foreigners – who wish to pursue a full-time study in Singapore with BITC. You are required to apply for a Student Pass with the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Step 1: Pre-Course Counselling And Evaluation
International Students will go through BITC Student Enrolment Pre-Course Counseling Checklist & Acknowledgement Form with the Education Consultants/Business Development Managers/BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents who will explain the Programme details, Fee Protection Scheme, Refund Policy, Appeal procedures and other important information.
International Students are required to submit the documents below for evaluation:
- A duly completed BITC Registration Form
- Certified copies of ALL academic qualifications and transcripts (From Secondary School / High School onwards / equivalent)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Clear copy of student’s valid travel document (First page and Last page of Passport)
- Certified clear copy of birth certificate
- A duly completed BITC Student Pass Application Form
- Recent passport-sized photograph (white background) or scanned copy in JPEG file size 400 x 514 with white background
- Payment of Application Fee SGD$214.00
For Telegraphic Transfer (TT), please quote Student Name and Course Title and Passport No, under the payment details in the TT Form and address it to:
- Name of Bank: Overseas Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC)
- Bank Address: 65 Chulia Street, OCBC Centre. Singapore 049513.
- Name of Account: BAKING INDUSTRY TRAINING COLLEGE PTE LTD
- Account Number: 687-387514-001 (Singapore Account)
- Swift Code: OCBCSgSg
All documents submitted needs to be in English language. Please provide the original non-translated and translated documents during submission.
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers will submit all documents to the Admissions department for evaluation of the application. Upon successful acceptance into the programme, BITC will issue a Conditional Letter of Offer together with the Acceptance of Offer Form.
Step 2: Acceptance Of Offer
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents will inform International Students that their application has been successful. At this point, International students will need to sign and return the Acceptance of Offer Letter Form and provide the supporting documents listed below:
- Signed Acceptance Letter of Offer Form
- Proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/savings accounts (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Parent’s and/or Spouse’s employment letter with details such as date of commencement/duration of employment, designation and salary amount/month (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Student’s employment letter with details such as date of commencement/duration of employment, designation and salary amount/month (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Parents’ marriage certificate (applicable if student’s birth certificate does not state both parent’s name)
- Student’s marriage certificate (If applicable)
Education Consultants/Business Development Managers/BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents will explain to International Students the contents of the Student Contract and Advisory Note and inform them of any additional documents that may be required.
Step 3: Application Of Student Pass
Upon receipt of the signed Acceptance of Offer Letter and Application fee, BITC will proceed to submit the Student Pass application via Singapore ICA Student Online Application & Registration+(SOLAR+) system.
In general, processing time for a NEW Student Pass application is about 2 weeks – 4 weeks. Processing time for International Students transferring their student pass from other PEIs is about 2 weeks to process. Some applications may however take a longer time to process.
BITC does not guarantee any successful approval of the Student Pass application. For more information on Student Pass application, please refer to www.ica.gov.sg.
Upon approval of the Student Pass application, International Students will be informed of the result via email from their Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents.
BITC’s approved list of Overseas Recruitment Agents
International applicants who are keen to apply for BITC’s courses may wish to approach any of our appointed recruitment agents from various countries.
BITC would like to caution international applicants against engaging unauthorised agents as they are not equipped with the necessary information to advice to you on BITC’s courses.
Approved List of Agents – Active
|Representing Country and Company||Date of Expiry|
South East Asia
List of Inactive Agents
|Representing Country and Company||Contract Expiry|
|South East Asia|
International Student Support
International students must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by Singapore Immigration Checkpoints and Authority (ICA) and BITC. International students are personally responsible for upholding as follows:
- You must attend the college for which you are authorized.
- Keep your passport valid at all times. Any information changes on name; sponsor etc. must be reissued.
- Check your travel documents to be certain they are in order before leaving Singapore.
- Report a change of residence to our BITC Administration office within 5 working days.
- Be aware of the expiration date on your passport. Also know when your required date of departure.
- Question concerning the above or any other international student issue may be directed to our BITC Administration office or by calling telephone number: 6336 3462 / 6276 6337 / 6275 6608 and making an appointment.
Pre-Departure Information for International Students
Before leaving your country to Singapore, kindly ensure that you have done the following:
- BITC Registration Form with Supporting Documents attached.
- PEI – Student Contract and Student Advisory Note.
- Fee Payment Receipt – Bank Related Counter File (if any/if required).
- Return the signed – Letter of Acceptance.
- Apply & Picked Up
- A valid Visa fro entry into Singapore (kindly contact our friendly Student Service Administrative at email@example.com for details on visa application).
- A valid airline ticket to Singapore.
- Ensure that you have
- A valid passport for international travel with at least 6 months validity.
- Bring along all original translated and certified copies of your Academic Transcripts and Certificates.
- Confirmed all housing arrangements and that you have a place to stay upon arrival into Singapore (kindly contact our friendly Student Service Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help in accommodation).
- Bring enough Singapore currency to cover the first few months of your stay in Singapore on arrival.
- Pack your personal belongings (clothing/toiletries/medications etc.). Most things can be purchased in Singapore though, but if you require regular medication, do get an adequate initial supply and prescription from your doctor and bring any medical documentation you have.
- As Singapore is generally humid and hot throughout the year, we will advise most Students to be dressed in cotton clothing /T-shirts. Students may want to bring some formal clothing for formal functions/presentations.
- Checklist of Things to Bring:
- A passport (with at least 6 month’s validity)
- A photocopy of the bio-data page of the passport
- Personal identification documents, such as Identity Card and Birth Certificate
- BITC Letter of Acceptance
- eForm 16, V36A and V36 where applicable – to be presented when collecting your Student Pass from ICA
- All original academic transcripts and certificates
- At least 6 pieces of passport sized photographs (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
- Confirmed letter/notification on your accommodation in Singapore (if any)
- Sufficient Cash for a few months