How to apply
International Students – refer to foreigners – who wish to pursue a full-time study in Singapore with BITC. You are required to apply for a Student Pass with the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Step 1: Pre-Course Counselling And Evaluation
International Students will go through BITC Student Enrolment Pre-Course Counseling Checklist & Acknowledgement Form with the Education Consultants/Business Development Managers/BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents who will explain the Programme details, Fee Protection Scheme, Refund Policy, Appeal procedures and other important information.
International Students are required to submit the documents below for evaluation:
- A duly completed BITC Registration Form
- Certified copies of ALL academic qualifications and transcripts (From Secondary School / High School onwards / equivalent)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Clear copy of student’s valid travel document (First page and Last page of Passport)
- Certified clear copy of birth certificate
- A duly completed BITC Student Pass Application Form
- Recent passport-sized photograph (white background) or scanned copy in JPEG file size 400 x 514 with white background
- Payment of Application Fee SGD$214.00
For Telegraphic Transfer (TT), please quote Student Name and Course Title and Passport No, under the payment details in the TT Form and address it to:
- Name of Bank: Overseas Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC)
- Bank Address: 65 Chulia Street, OCBC Centre. Singapore 049513.
- Name of Account: BAKING INDUSTRY TRAINING COLLEGE PTE LTD
- Account Number: 687-387514-001 (Singapore Account)
- Swift Code: OCBCSgSg
All documents submitted needs to be in English language. Please provide the original non-translated and translated documents during submission.
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers will submit all documents to the Admissions department for evaluation of the application. Upon successful acceptance into the programme, BITC will issue a Conditional Letter of Offer together with the Acceptance of Offer Form.
Step 2: Acceptance Of Offer
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents will inform International Students that their application has been successful. At this point, International students will need to sign and return the Acceptance of Offer Letter Form and provide the supporting documents listed below:
- Signed Acceptance Letter of Offer Form
- Proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/savings accounts (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Parent’s and/or Spouse’s employment letter with details such as date of commencement/duration of employment, designation and salary amount/month (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Student’s employment letter with details such as date of commencement/duration of employment, designation and salary amount/month (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Parents’ marriage certificate (applicable if student’s birth certificate does not state both parent’s name)
- Student’s marriage certificate (If applicable)
Education Consultants/Business Development Managers/BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents will explain to International Students the contents of the Student Contract and Advisory Note and inform them of any additional documents that may be required.
Step 3: Application Of Student Pass
Upon receipt of the signed Acceptance of Offer Letter and Application fee, BITC will proceed to submit the Student Pass application via Singapore ICA Student Online Application & Registration+(SOLAR+) system.
In general, processing time for a NEW Student Pass application is about 2 weeks – 4 weeks. Processing time for International Students transferring their student pass from other PEIs is about 2 weeks to process. Some applications may however take a longer time to process.
BITC does not guarantee any successful approval of the Student Pass application. For more information on Student Pass application, please refer to www.ica.gov.sg.
Upon approval of the Student Pass application, International Students will be informed of the result via email from their Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / BITC’s approved Recruitment Agents.