Refund Policy and Procedure
BITC is committed towards maintaining good business and customer practice. We assure current and prospective students get the best of customer service systems and practices to look after the welfare of both our local and international students.
The Refund Policy stated below is applicable to BITC’s Full-Time or Part-Time Proprietary Courses.
All students must pay their fees due as set out in the respective Standard PEI – Student Contract and by the date(s) stipulated in the Standard PEI – Student Contract and payment reminders.
The complete Refund Policy relating to both Withdrawals for Cause and Withdrawals without Cause is governed by the Standard PEI – Student Contract entered into between the college and the student.
Students / Participants are required to abide by the refund policy specified on the application form, website and Standard PEI – Student Contract.
BITC shall have a fair and reasonable refund policy for any payment made. The refund policy shall include, but is not limited to the following:
- Time taken to process refund request (must not be more than 7 working days)
- Any refund condition (if applicable)
- Any non-refundable fee paid (if applicable)
- When withdrawal application is approved; etc.
The refund policy shall be clearly communicated to all its students via the website, student contract and students handbook.
The refund policy shall be clearly explained to all students and prospective students.
BITC shall regularly review the refund policy to ensure that it remains fair to the students.
All refund applications are subjected to BITC approval & all decisions are considered final.
Notification and Arrangement from BITC:
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
BITC will notify the student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organization stated in Schedule A within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The student will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refunds for Withdrawal for Cause
Student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to BITC of his/her intention to do so if BITC fails to perform its obligation(s) under the circumstances above covering (i) to (v).
- BITC will refund the students within 7 working days.
- BITC will refund the entire amount of the fees paid under Schedules B and C of Standard PEI – Student Contract to BITC.
- BITC reserve the rights to cancel the class if due to unforeseen circumstances such as not meeting the minimum student numbers.
Refunds for Withdrawal without Cause
If the student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those under the circumstances above covering (i) to (v), BITC will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the student an amount based on the table in Refund Table.
Refund Table – “Schedule D” of Standard PEI – Standard Contract
|% of (the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C)||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|50%||(“Maximum Refund”) More than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|50%||Before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||On or after the Course Commencement Date|
Refund During Cooling-Off Period
BITC will provide the student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The student will be refunded the highest percentage as stated in Refund Table as above (stated in “Schedule D” of Standard PEI – Student Contract ) of the fees already paid if the student submits a written notice of withdrawal to BITC within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the student has started the course or not.
No refund of the course fees will be made for students who have breached the Termination / Expulsion Policy.
Miscellaneous Fee Refund Policy
Miscellaneous fees comprising Registration Fees, Re-examination Fee and Make-up Lesson Fee are non refundable once service is rendered. There will be no refund of miscellaneous fees for the current month or part thereof that has already been utilized.
In addition, students may be liable to pay (where outstanding applicable) fees through BITC to government authorities or other external parties (such as ITE or a foreign education institution). Any refund on these fees should be resolved between the relevant parties concerned.
A student seeking a review of a decision regarding an application for a fee refund should apply in writing to the Principal and submit to the BITC Administration Office. Students dissatisfied with the outcome of the review may appeal to the Principal for consideration.
All requests pertaining to fee refund are subjected to the college Principal’s final approval. In accordance with the Student Contract, it takes approximately seven (7) working days for the
refund process to be completed.
STUDENT REFUND PROCEDURE
BITC shall have refund procedures which are aligned with the refund policy to execute any refund request.
If the refund policy differs for different types of payments or different modes of payment, then there shall be clearly differentiated procedures.
The procedures shall be clearly communicated to the students via the website and the student handbook.
Refund records (may be in softcopy) shall be accurate and up-to- date. Records shall be kept according to financial guidelines and are easy to retrieve for audit purposes.
Relevant staff shall be conversant with the refund procedures and demonstrates strict adherence.
BITC shall regularly review the refund procedure to ensure that it remains fair to the students.
This procedure applies when a student submits a request for refund.
- The student will make the request for refund by completing the Refund Request Form and submit it to BITC Administration Department. The student needs to provide supporting
documents for the request (if applicable).
- Upon receipt of the Refund Request Form and all supporting documents, the Administrative Team will check and verify the student’s record.
- Upon confirmation of the details, the request (together with all the supporting documents) will be submitted to the Principal for approval.
- If the refund request is approved, the BITC Administration Department will pass the Refund Request Form to the Accounts Department for processing of the refund. If the refund
request is rejected, the BITC Administration Department will inform the student in writing of the decision.
- Accounts department processes cheque refund and passes cheque to BITC Administration Department for student acknowledge of refund.
- Students will be informed in writing when the cheque is ready, within 7 days from the date of receipt of request. Students will have to acknowledge receipt of the cheque.