Transfer Policy and Procedure
BITC shall have a fair and reasonable transfer policy. The transfer policy shall be clearly communicated to all of BITC students via the website and the student’s handbook.
Students who wish to transfer from the current course to another course shall inform BITC in writing and state the reason(s) for transferring. Verbal notice is not acceptable. BITC shall regularly review and update the transfer policy to ensure that it remains fair to the students.
Transfers will only be allowed if the student fulfils the academic, entry requirements and experience requirements for the new Course.
The transfer request is not applicable for foreign/International students.
Fee refund is not applicable for this course.
Outstanding amount has to be paid by students, if any.
Students who transfer from the current Course to another Course shall be considered to have withdrawn from the current Course and refund policy shall apply as per Standard Student Contract.
This policy applies when a student changes the course of his/her study but remains as a student of BITC. BITC will take no more than 1 month to process any application for transfer of course upon receiving the complete course transfer application.
Transfer is the process whereby a student who is admitted and enrolled in one of study makes an application to seek transfer to another course, most likely on another day or time re-scheduled.
Any student who so decided to seek transfer generally makes as application for transfer during the normal admission period, may be considered for normal enrolment.
The Administrative Staff will inform the student on the student’s Transfer Request with a “Letter of Transfer” within three (3) working days from the date the outcome is available.
Application for transfer to another class on following:
- The course to which the student wishes to transfer can accommodate another student.
- Student has met the entry requirement of the course they so wish to transfer.
- Senior or Assistant Senior Chef Instructor or BITC Administration Staff recommends the transfer with full knowledge.
- Principal makes the final decision on the approval of the transfer.
- All transfer matters is recorded by the Admin personnel.
- The transfer request is not applicable for foreign/International students.
Fees that are applicable for a refund will be transferred to the new Course. Students will need to top up the remaining balance of the course fees for the new Course.
Student Transfer Procedure (Not Applicable to STP Holders)
- BITC will complete course transfer application process within 1 month of written notice to be given by the student for request of course transfer.
- The transfer request is not applicable for foreign/International applicants.
- All necessary documents must be attached together with the Transfer Request Form.
- Fee Refund is not applicable for this case.
- Outstanding amount has to be paid by students, if any.
- The Administrative Staff will inform the student on the student’s Transfer Policy with a “Letter of Transfer? Within three (3) working days from the date the outcome is available.
The BITC Administration department will inform the student in writing on the following within three (3) working days from the date the outcome is available:
For successful Transfer applications:
- New Letter of Offer (where applicable)
- Exempted module(s), if any.
- New Course Fee; Update all records in BITC SMS system
- Arrangement of signing the new Standard PEI- Student Contract
- Time-table of the New Course
- Update of Student’s Pass information (if applicable)
- Amount transferable from the previous Course (if applicable)
- BITC Administration department will inform the FPS service provider of the change of student’s status within three (3) working days.
For Unsuccessful Transfer applications:
- Reason(s) of being rejected.
Appeal to be submitted to the Principal of the college with the deadline period of (7) working days from the day the student has received unsuccessful transfer outcome.
During the process of Transfer Application, students are strongly encouraged to continue with their studies.
Students must also stay in contact with the BITC Administration department during the Transfer Application process. Failure to do so will cause students to be deemed as un-contactable.
BITC would consider the request has been withdrawn and consider that the student has withdrawn from the course.
BITC will be informing and updating on the student status to the relevant authorities like CPE, FPS provider, ICA and other regulatory bodies if necessary. Update to relevant bodies within (3) working days on change of student’s course status.